Shinigami Cup

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Got any friends from other communities, or in real life that would be interested in a Bleach forum? Feel free to invite them over to Shinigami Cup! That would be the best thing you could do right now to help the growth of the forums. It would be greatly apppreciated, thanks. :)

Forgot to mention this really awesome guy...

Iceh
    Iceh
    Admin
    Admin

Reishi : 28441
    Awesomeness : 7

Forgot to mention this really awesome guy... Empty Forgot to mention this really awesome guy...

Post by Iceh

At Blockbuster yesterday. O=

He was working at the cashier, and when he saw what I was buying (Master Keaton vol.1) he pointed to it and said, "This is really good."
    And me, being silly and outgoing, said, "Yeah! It's the anime adaptation by one of my favourite mangaka!"
    He kind've looked at me surprised for a second (as if he thought that I didn't know a thing about anime).
    Then he flips over the DVD and reads, "Naoki.. Urasawa.."
    And has perfect pronunciation.
    So I laugh and say, "So you like anime then?"
    And he's like, "Yup. I really like japanese anime and manga. I even lived in Japan for 4 years."
    "4 YEARS?!"
    "Hahaha. Yeah, and I taught english there for 1 year."
    Then he continues to scan the other DVDs and such..
    And I ask, "So.. how does one.. get into learning japanese?"
    "Welllll... I took a class in university for japanese, and basically studied whenever I had free time. Then I moved to Japan to finish university. I took another japanese class there and studyed like 8 hours a day, whenever I didn't have classes. I guess you could say I'm pretty much fluent in japanese.."
    "That's so cooooool."

SO yeah. He was pretty awesome.
    The conversation went on longer. (Luckily there was nobody else in line behind me >_>)
    But, the conversation got into why he wanted to move to japan, and why he want to learn the language........ which was basically the same reason why I wanted to. X]
    And, then I told him that I wanted to be a mangaka. He was really awesome about it though.. a lot of people are like, "Really?" And pretty much have "Good luck with that. FFF" written on their faces.
    He seemed to actually think it was pretty cool though. :)
    Plus he was good looking. ;D

It makes me sad though.. he's so cool and could be doing so much better, but he works in BLOCKBUSTER. Like, friggin' Blockbuster.
    Poor guy... I hope he gets to do something awesome later.

ALSO~
    When I left with my DVDs after our lovely chat, he called out and said, "Good luck with achieving your goal!!"
    Or something along those lines.
    That.. line just seemed so anime-like though. It made me laugh. (I think he may have said "dream")
    But it makes me want to try extra hard.
    So KIRA. I WILL work on the OCs TODAY. I WILL.
    (Also I figured out how to get Yuppi and Flu in it now.)
    SO YAYYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAY.

I can't believe I forgot to mention him yesterday. ._.
    Share this post on: reddit

Caboose

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:39 pm by Caboose

Wow he sounds awesome. ^^ Im taking Japanese at my school at the moment but i honestly dont think its working. xD I hope he gets lucky and gets an awesome job.
    Iceh

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:43 pm by Iceh

Me tooo. D;
    I'm glad that you read my whole blog post too. Haha!
    Atleast SOMEONES reading. :P
    Caboose

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:12 pm by Caboose

Hehe it was a very interesting read, I cant wait for the next one. ^^
    Kira

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:00 pm by Kira

Oh holy crap. We could use him.

YOU SHOULD'VE ASKED IF HE COULD INK PICTURES, IDIOT! D<
    Iceh

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:05 pm by Iceh

Caboose wrote:Hehe it was a very interesting read, I cant wait for the next one. ^^

:D
    Yay.
    My blogs not a failure. Haha. ;D
    The next one I do will probably be Fan Expo.. so it should be atleast a bit interesting. XDD
    Iceh

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:06 pm by Iceh

Kira wrote:Oh holy crap. We could use him.

YOU SHOULD'VE ASKED IF HE COULD INK PICTURES, IDIOT! D<

D:(
    Ya right.. for A YAOI!?
    XDD
    Kira

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:08 pm by Kira

...HE MIGHT'VE DONE IT
    Iceh

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:15 pm by Iceh

XDD
    Iunno..
    maybe..